There’s no proper research to back the theory that juicing aids with weight loss procedures.
Depending on anecdotal proof, it is vivid that juice diet plans may cause quick short-term weight loss only, particularly when you are using very low calories in the juice cleanse.
Nevertheless, you could undergo some adverse health impacts from such extreme calorie limitations, particularly in case you follow a diet for over a few days/weeks at once.
Juicing is truly an easy method to lose weight quickly, however, its probable health risks appear to overshadow its advantages.
So, it is recommended to follow a more bearable diet plan along with your juice diet that contains whole foods as well as enough calories, protein, and other vitamins to keep the body functioning appropriately.
So, here is all about the juice diet, what’s it, how to do it, its benefit and health risks, etc.
What’s A Juice Cleanse Or Juice Diet?
In case you already have heard of juice diet or juice cleanses and are thus, now wondering what they’re and in case they truly work or not, it is wise to go through the existing evidence and research available.
A juice cleanses, also recognized as a detox diet, is juice fasting. During the juice cleanse, you drink only fruit and vegetable juice (and sometimes nothing else than juice) for a certain period, generally, 1 to 3 days straight.
Supporters think drinking juice overflows the body with recovery nourishment while washing waste and flushing toxins out of the body.
Juice cleanse supporters claim they help the natural detox methods of the body by cleansing the diet of refined foods, caffeine, sugar, and also other foods that can drain energy.
Nevertheless, analysis in support of such declarations is lacking, as well as any weight you lose throughout your juice cleanse process tends to be retrieved as soon as you start eating as you usually do.
Juice cleanses particularly lack fiber, and this helps control the appetite as well as helps the body automatically ‘cleanse’ itself. Thus, any weight you lose tends to be regained, and having only vegetable and fruit juice fast will leave you feeling starving.
The Benefits Of Juice Cleansing
The benefits of juice cleansing are likely pretty clear— you are drinking a lot of fruits and vegetables and thus, you are getting enough nutrients.
Research has illustrated that the consumption of fruit and vegetable juices helps to boost important antioxidants and vitamin levels, including vitamin C, folate, beta carotene, and vitamin E.
So, in view, the juice cleanse is beneficial for individuals who find it difficult to eat sufficient fruits and vegetables in a day. However, often the weight loss in your juice cleanse can come back once you start your normal eating disorders. Nevertheless, here are the benefits of such cleanse…
Supporters of the juice cleanse sometimes contend that the plans can help release toxins from your system. Moreover, a rise in fluid drinking can help rejuvenate your kidney function effectively, and some healthy compounds may aid in the disposal of non-organic junk products in your body.
Nevertheless, there’s inadequate evidence to support that such cleanses influence the ability to release toxins. Having a proper diet plan and drinking a lot of juices is the most useful method to keep the body’s raw detoxifying processes.
Research has revealed the weight loss from juice diets to be somewhat “physiologically dangerous”. Researchers have even observed associations between eating disorders and trends in the liquid diet.
Nevertheless, although juice cleanses may lead to losing weight initially because of calorie limitations, they’ll cause general weight gain as soon as you resume a healthful, complete diet plan.
Gut Bacteria Change
A short juice cleanse plan can impact your digestive system’s bacteria levels and reduce irritable bowel syndrome. It increases the Bacteroidetes amounts, bacteria related to weight loss, as well as decreased Firmicutes amounts, bacteria related to weight gain.
Pay close attention to your eating habits and eating disorders. Thus, make sure you eat healthy diet.
Side Effects Of Juice Cleansing
Juice cleansing is not quite healthy, and numerous juice cleansing businesses even de-emphasize the health hazards of limiting your diet to just juice. There are significant disadvantages to the juice cleansing procedure:
(1) Fiber is taken out of fresh fruits and vegetables throughout the juicing technique. Fiber is significant for providing the beneficial bacteria in the gut of our body— allowing us to feel full, controlling blood sugar levels from going up rapidly, and stopping constipation. But juices do not contain fiber so you may disturb your digestive system and get constipation after following this diet.
(2) Fruit and vegetable juices are nearly empty of protein, fewer calories, healthy fats, and also certain vitamins (such as B12) — all of them are important to health for healthily losing weight.
(3) It may cause muscle & bone loss. Since juices contain a restricted amount of protein, the muscles & bones can be impacted.
(4) The low-calorie range of most juices elicits fatigue, cravings, headaches, and also dizziness.
(5) Some even complained about issues like kidney problems. So, anybody with a kidney problem should avoid undergoing the juice cleanse process.
How To Start The Juice Cleanse Process
Juice cleanses are easy weight loss & health plans in case other approaches have not worked for you previously. The beneficial nutrients present in juices will help you go all day, and since they’re free of added sugars, they will help you naturally lose weight as well.
You will even feel happier and lighter, and will probably see miracles in your teeth, skin, and also other body parts as well.
You will have to commence eating healthy foods before you start the juice cleanse journey. You’ll have to avoid eating processed foods, especially those with harmful added sugars.
In case you eat a healthy diet regularly, you may not have to do much before starting this cleanse. However, in case you normally eat plenty of greasy foods and processed foods, you may have to take almost a week to get the body in suitable shape to start your juice cleanse process.
During the cleansing process, in the morning, start by consuming a glass of lukewarm lemon water. This is very delicate and will allow your body to process the juices better throughout the day.
Keep on taking water all day and drink herbal detox teas in case you need to. People often get very tempted during their juice cleanse procedure, so ensure you do not keep food in your house during your cleansing process and that you remain distracted around your mealtimes.
Soon, your body will accommodate, and this will become less difficult as the process goes on further.
A person must adhere to only juice cleanses, or a limited liquid diet, under medical control. Supporters of juice cleanse may suggest different kinds of plans, for example:
- Drinking juices in a mixture with dietary supplements
- Consuming only juices & liquids for a few days
- Drinking juices with specific diet plans as a tool for cleansing and boosting the weight loss process
- Mixing juices with methods that “cleanse” your colon like colonic or enemas irrigation
Samples of a few of the juice mixtures:
- Apple, ginger, lemon, and beet
- Cucumber, apple, romaine lettuce, celery, lemon, kale, spinach, and parsley
- Filtered water, lemon, dates, cayenne, almonds, vanilla bean, and sea salt
- Pineapple, apple, mint, and lemon
Drinking 6 of these juice mixtures daily delivers an intake of around 1,310 calories/day.
What To Eat For Juice Cleanse Lose Weight
Unpasteurized (raw) organic juices are generally advised for your juice to cleanse process. You can buy pre-made juices or make your own at home.
You may also drink lukewarm or room temperature water between each meal (juice) to help your body to flush out all the toxins.
Supporters of this cleanse procedure prefer organic products. Smoothies as well as some healthy nutrition can be incorporated or replaced for those who need more calories in their diet.
Some individuals may go for vegan (plant-based foods only) or raw food only, while other people may have gluten-free snacks and meals.
Fruits and Vegetables To Eat
Whole fruits and raw vegetables utilized to make juices include the following:
- Leafy greens, etc.
These are sometimes used throughout juice cleanses to supply extra nutrients as well as variety. They’re mixed with the juices of fruits and vegetables or drunk alone.
- Coconut milk
- Cashew milk
- Almond milk
Gluten-Free Whole Nutrition
Gluten-free snacks and vegan meals may be recommended (by a registered dietitian) in case you’re hungry throughout your cleanse procedure, while you’re readying for the cleanse procedure, or as you practice the juice cleanse.
This will offer you more energy by eliminating negative effects and also removing harmful compounds to help you give progress in general health by eliminating health problems.
- All fresh fruits and vegetables
- Whole grains like brown rice to fulfill nutritional needs
- Beans & legumes in liquid form
- Soy products like tofu
- Greek yogurt or soy milk for sufficient protein for potential benefits
What Not To Eat
The most stringent juice cleanses limit all solid foods, and any drinks not made using the compliant vegetables, fruits, and also nut milk. Following is the list of foods not to eat in a juice cleanse…
All products from animals are banned in these cleanses, including eggs, dairy, and also foods consumed on vegetarian diets.
- Dietary fiber
Non-Nutritive & Processed Foods
These are the non-nutritive & processed foods you should avoid in your juice cleanse diet
- Fried foods
- Sugary drinks
- Too much alcohol consumption
Can You Truly Lose Weight By Only Juicing?
Juice cleanses & detox diets are becoming famous day by day. Although it only helps in losing your water weight, many people are following these diets. We suggest eating nutritious meals besides drinking juice.
In case you only consume juice for more than a few days then you are missing essential nutrients, such as fat and protein. Your system will also begin to revolt in case you do a complete juice cleanse and do not eat any solid food during the cleansing process.
So, finally, to answer your question, I must say that YES only juicing truly helps you lose weight quickly but the result is temporary. This lost weight tends to return once your return to your normal diet.
Moreover, continuous follow-up of such a diet can harm your body and organs in the long run. There is an old saying “there is no shortcut to success”. So, to achieve anything, you need to work hard. Do not go after shortcuts.
The 7-Day Diet Plan
A general cleanses diet lasts for 1 to 3 days only but is typically foregone by a practice stage (3 to 5 days) and also a post-cleanse change back to your solid-food diet plan (2 to 3 days). Typically the 7 day diet plan works effectively, so, here is the sample diet plan…
- Day 1: This is the preparation phase. Here you need to eliminate alcohol intake, meat, refined sugar, dairy products, coffee, nicotine, and wheat to reduce cravings, headaches, and other symptoms of withdrawal during the procedure of cleansing.
- Day 2: Keep on eliminating the recorded foods. Boost intake of fresh fruits, vegetables, and also other liquids.
- Day 3: Eat minimally restricted foods, and increase consumption of vegetables, fruits, and liquids.
- Day 4: When the cleanse starts: green vegetable juice (8 oz.); a smoothie made of almond milk (8 oz.) and apple; berries; green vegetable juice (8 oz.); vegetable broth (8 oz.); beet, carrot, and also apple juice (8 oz.)
- Day 5: green vegetable juice (8 oz.); 8 oz. smoothie made of almond milk (8 oz.) and pears; salad without any dressing; green vegetable juice (8 oz.); a small number of carrots & celery; ginger (8 oz.), apple, & cucumber juices
- Day 6: Post-cleansing procedure, eat lightly. Slowly add solid foods and whole fruits back in.
- Day 7: Keep on adding calories and restrict foods to slight amounts.
Alternatives To A Juice Cleanse
Here are a few alternative diets plans to juice cleanse that will help you lose weight quickly…
- Balanced diet plan: Eating a completely balanced diet as well as staying sufficiently hydrated is the most reasonable method to maintain a healthy weight and remove toxins from the body.
- Intermittent fasting diet plan: This diet abstain you from consuming for little periods and consuming a normal diet at other moments. Such a regular diet generally includes everything.
- Plant-based diets: Many people nowadays are following this diet for good health. It contains only plant-based foods. So, you can eat everything plant-based.
FAQ Juice Cleanse for Losing Weight
Following are the common questions on juice cleansing for losing weight.
What Should You Eat After A Juice Cleanse?
After finishing your juice cleanse, you need to slowly return to your normal diet. However, you need to avoid disordered eating, consider consuming fewer calories, use natural juice recipes with plant foods and make your juice, reduce sugar intake, eat more fresh fruit and vegetable, avoid potentially harmful substances, etc. after a juice cleanse.
How Many Days Does A Juice Cleanse Last?
Generally the effect of juice cleanse is temporary. So the effect of a juice cleanse is generally just you for around 3-7 days only.
The scientific evidence supporting the potential improved health advantages of juicing is anecdotal. There is no proven overall health benefits or weight loss effect from a juice fast.
So, whether you should try it or not entirely depends on you. However, we will recommend you consult with your dietician first.